Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day

Okay, so I'm late -- it's Valentines Night. I've been in trouble several times in my life for forgetting to buy presents on this date, so it should be no surprise that I forgot a post.

Apparently, I'm not alone in having troubles with this holiday. According to this article, in Japan it's women who are expected to buy candy for the men in their lives, and they don't much like the idea.

According to an Internet survey, 70 percent of working women said they would be happy if there was no tradition of giving "obligatory chocolates" to their boyfriends or colleagues.

Nearly 60 percent said they felt unhappy as Valentine's Day approached, citing the cost and time it takes to shop for the gifts, which are finely calculated to express just the right emotions toward a boss, a colleague or a true boyfriend.

No comments: