Thursday, November 13, 2008

A personal note

I’m happy to say that I’ve joined Trade Promotion Management Associates, our industry trade association, as Executive Director. We will be working to build on the solid work done in the past and to define new areas of service for the industry and the association’s members.

In the coming months, we will be focusing on building the membership of the organization and communicating our value proposition. It’s pretty obvious to me that the hundreds or thousands of companies who spend many millions or billions of dollars on channel marketing programs, and the many companies who serve their trade promo needs, should be part of a network to share ideas and gain insights and meet with industry thought leaders. That to me is a no-brainer, but we need to communicate exactly how that is done, and will be done, through TPMA.

As these ideas develop, I’ll be sharing some of them with you here, and will solicit your input on them. But TPMtoday and my newsletter, TPM Update, will not become advertising vehicles for TPMA. The newsletter and blog will continue to serve wide areas of interest and concern, and will be my personal communications formats, as they have always been. Therefore, it's important to note that TPMA and its partner organizations bear no responsibility for anything posted here – the views expressed here are my own.

No comments: