Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kmart goes PL on shoes

Kmart cut their relationship with Footstar, which had been running its shoe departments, at the start of the year, and is now producing its own shoes.

Kmart has taken its shoe business in-house and is introducing low-priced sneakers endorsed by NBA player Al Harrington and women's shoes aimed at attracting the "frugalista," a retail executive said Wednesday.

"We were neglecting to serve our Hispanic and African-American customers," said Nick Grayston, who served as CEO of Foot Locker's U.S. business before becoming president of footwear for Hoffman Estates-based Sears Holdings Corp. last June.

"We've injected some fashion in our shoes, which had been sadly lacking," he said.

They have a line of men's/boy's sneakers endorsed by Harrington (of whom I've never heard, but I'll assume he's a mildly big deal), priced as low as $19.99 -- which seems to be taking a page out of Steve & Barry's book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting rich is not the result of saving, or "thrift"; many very penurious people are poor,
while free spenders often get rich. I can attest to that, but I have one
major problem: I cannot afford to keep on paying up to $14 for every book that I want to read.
So, without spending any money (assuming
you already had a computer), you have your equipment.


my weblog free Pdf Ebook download